Hi there! My name is Chelsea, and I am the owner of chelsea kaye photography. I graduated from the University of North Texas with my degree in Photojournalism, and I have been photographing weddings since the end of 2014. I started in photography because I loved the opportunity to tell people's stories, without using words. Growing up as a dancer, communicating and storytelling with movement was a big part of my life. In college, I took an Intro to Multimedia Storytelling class, and I was hooked from there. I switched from News Editorial to Photojournalism, and spent the rest of college learning how to tell stories.
Weddings were an obvious choice for me. I have always been a hopeless romantic, who invests in other people's love stories. Even as a kid, I obsessed over love stories. Cory and Topanga, Jack and Rose, Buffy and Angel. I loved them all! Getting a chance to tell your love story is such a thrill. Seeing the way your groom brushes your hair from your face, the way your bridal party cheers when you kiss your bride, your parents hiding their tears during the first dance, all those special moments. I believe love is love in all forms, shapes, sizes and genders.
I strive to provide an excellent experience, from beginning to end! I want my clients to leave the wedding day feeling like we've become friends. From planning your wedding day over coffee dates, to sending you an "it's your wedding day!!!" texts, I want you to see me as your partner the whole way!
Some fun facts about me:
- I have been a dancer my whole life, and now teach dance to some amazing kids!
- I have been getting into pilates to try and get some semblance of core strength back into my body
- I am addicted to television. My current favorites: Jane the Virgin, The 100, Game of Thrones, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, The Good Place and Riverdale.
- Oh, and ALL the Real Housewives. (except Jersey. NYC is my favorite. )
- I love college football.
- I'm a hardcore introvert/homebody. Gimme some leggings, a big sweatshirt, a cozy blanket and some Netflix, and I'm a very happy girl.
- No husband, no kids, no puppies. I'm sorry.
- Obsessed with podcasts. Favorite genres are pop culture, true crime, and politics.
- Things I'm looking forwards to in 2018: seeing Taylor Swift in concert, going to London, and meeting you!